TRN-BAC-300 BACstage for BACnet
BACstage for BACnet
Duration: 5 days
This class is intended for Applications Engineers, Programmers, and Technicians in the controls service arena. Each student should posses a 2-year HVAC certification or equivalent field experience.
Course Overview and Learning Objectives
The objective of this 5-day course is to equip technicians to successfully install and deploy KMC’s BACstage software for their customers. Topics covered include:
- Introduction to BACnet and BACstage
- Overview of Resources
- Configuring and Connecting Devices
- Configuring BACnet Objects
- Programming with Control Basic
- System Options
- Expanding Networks
At the end of the course, successful students will be able to:
- Accurately describe and discuss the capabilities and limitation of KMC’s BACstage software.
- Locate and accurately identify various forms of product and installation information when given access to a number of information resources.
- Correctly describe the BACnet protocol, its application and the use of BACstage in the configuration and installation of BACnet systems.
- Use KMC’s BACstage and KMD-5576 to configure, connect and back-up KMC BACnet devices in the provided training demo case.
- Use BACstage and related reference materials to describe and complete the configuration process for the commonly used BACnet devices and systems.
- Accurately describe and create programs using Control Basic language, given a copy of BACstage and relevant reference materials.
- Create group displays for example sites, assign passwords to the site, acknowledge alarms and save the site for future use, given BACstage and relevant reference materials.
- Describe and configure a BACnet router, connect to an internetwork and work with 3rd party equipment and analysis tools.
- Complete a written evaluation with a grade of 80% or better.
- Complete an independent project, given a set of typical customer requirements, application information and reference materials, to successfully design, install, and implement a new customer site with 80% or better accuracy.
Laptops should meet the following criteria:
- The student MUST have administration rights to install software and make changes to the PC’s network connections.
- Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, Windows Vista Business or Ultimate, or Windows XP Professional
- Intel Coren 2 Duo processor or equivalnt
- 2GB of RAM
- DirectX9 graphic processor
- 160 GB hard drive with 5 GB of available hard drive space
- Display capable of 1024 x 768 resolution or higher
- Network (Ethernet) connection
- USB port dedicated to the hardware key
- Internt Explore 7 or later
- Adobe Flash 10 or later
Students will complete a two part final assessment on the last day of class. Part one of the assessment is a written examination and part two requires students to install, deploy and create a new site according to provided guidelines.
Successful completion of both portions of the exam with a grade of 80% or better, on each section, is required to receive certification as a BACstage Technician.
As an IACET Authorized Provider, KMC offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under IACET guidelines. KMC is authorized by IACET to offer 3.5 CEUs for this program.
Students who do not successfully complete both portions of the exam will be awarded a Certificate of Participation. These students may choose to participate in our remediation program which allows students to retake one or both portions of the final exam. Students must notify the KMC Training Team of their intent to participate in remediation within 14 days of the conclusion of their course.