Bench Marking – Baseline
A benchmarking study results in valuable data that can stimulate energy saving solutions with key stakeholders. The results provide answers to the following key questions:
- How well is the system preforming compared to similar equipment?
- What are the best practices? And are they being practiced?
- What improvement opportunities should take focus?
Benchmarking performance has the following benefits:
- Identify specific problem areas and eliminate guesswork
- Help to prioritize improvement opportunities
- Makes it easier to increase performance expectations and “raise the bar”
- Creates a sense of competitiveness and a real desire to improve
- Accelerates understanding and agreement on the real problem areas
- Challenges to make systems “work smarter” instead of “working harder”
Most importantly, regular benchmarking encourages a culture of continuous evaluation and improvement. Finding the baseline provides a platform to prepare analysis of the data. With RTS Controls vast database of over 200 buildings that has been built over 25 years allows for an extensive range of building data available for comparison.